We’re committed to minimising the effects of our business on both the local and global environment.
Our ISO 14001 certification – the internationally recognised standard for environmental management systems – proves we walk the walk when it comes to reducing our carbon footprint. ISO 14001 is a ‘systematic framework to manage the immediate and long term environmental impacts of an organisation’s products, services and processes’. So our on-going certification requires us not only to manage our environmental performance robustly, but also to work tirelessly to improve on it.
More than 2 acres of new native woodland
- Our ISO 14001 certification shows that we take cutting our carbon emissions extremely seriously, and we’re always working to cut them further.
- But the reality is that cdl will always produce some carbon.
- So in 2009 we asked ourselves what we could do now, and going forward, to put things right.
- So we made a commitment to the Woodland Trust to fully balance our carbon emissions. A commitment we continue to honour to this day.
- By offsetting our annual carbon footprint with the Woodland Trust we’ve mitigated 496 tonnes of CO2.
- As a result the Woodland Trust has planted 11,185m2 (2.76 acres) of new native woodland, containing around 1529 trees.
- For 2019, we have chosen Trees for Life, enabling them to plant 400 new trees in their project to restore Scotland’s Caledonian Forest
Offering you green choices
We also have certification from the FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council) and PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification). So you can carry on the good work by choosing only paper that’s sourced from well-managed forests.
We believe that when you work with a company you trust, quality should be a given: in terms of relationships, of project management and – crucially – of service.
It’s a matter of pride to us that you never doubt that we’ll do what we say we’ll do; when we say we’ll do it. And here’s the proof of the pudding:
We believe these facts speak volumes about how the people who choose to work with us, and for us, feel about cdl as a company.
But what if you’re new to cdl? We wanted everyone who met us – from prospects, through potential suppliers, to new recruits – to have an objective benchmark of the quality of our management team and systems.
Since we operate an accessible, flat management structure it was easy to hold the quality of our management systems up to objective scrutiny. So we sought and won one of the most comprehensive UK quality management certifications.
Quality Management ISO 9001
Here at cdl we see our quality management certification as an incontrovertible stamp of confidence for those who are new to us. However it’s the sheer length of our client relationships that demonstrate why it’s a good idea to work with us. Put simply, we’ll be committed to your brand for the long term. So you can count on us to go that extra mile, after mile, after mile.
ISO 27001 – Information Security Management
Our direction of travel as a business is increasingly towards secure ‘vaulting’ of client information, data aggregation and robo-advice. The protection of commercially sensitive information and personal data is critical to
- the success of these business goals
- the trust our clients place in our business.
So information security is a cdl priority at every level.
The unique information security management system we’ve developed here at cdl more than meets all the requirements of ISO 27001. Having an internationally recognised certification is a demonstration of our robust approach to managing information security. Equally important, it shows that we’re building resilience into our future systems, reviewing and refining them so that your information assets stay safe and secure.
You can rest assured that we will monitor and execute the standards ever-changing requirements to keep our operations secure and to strive for continual improvement.
All of our Management Systems are certified by a UKAS accredited certification body. It’s a regular compliance check to see that we not only meet your needs as a client, but also strive to improve our service year on year.
over 17 years
staff length of service